One very important bit of information I learned this past week from friend, mentor and Islam expert, Jim Croft, is that there is a marked difference between the names ISIS and ISIL. In the beginning of all this everybody referred to the Islamic terrorist group as ISIS. In fact, if you're like me, the very first time I ever heard them referred to as 'ISIL' came from President Obama - and the difference is HUGE! ISIS stands for the "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria" while ISIL stands for the "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant". The key here is that Levant is a much larger territory than just Iraq and Syria. The Levant comprises several countries around the Eastern Mediterranean including Cyprus, Jordan, Palestine (Gaza), Lebanon, Syria and Israel!! This means that not only does ISIL have eyes on all of Iraq and Syria but the rest of these as well, including ISRAEL, as part of their 'initial conquests'. Of course, radical Islam's overall goal is world domination.
What this also means is that President Obama knew long before the majority of the rest of us what the plans are for ISIL's expansion! This begs the question to be asked of what in the world is he waiting for in calling for all out war on these parasites?
In addition, according to a letter from Prophet Cindy Jacobs, there have been recent statements, from Democrats and Republicans alike, including CIA officers, of ISIL's activities in the U.S. One such statement came last week from Democrat Senator Bill Nelson of Florida: "This is a terrorist group the likes of which we haven't seen before, and we better stop them now. It ought to be pretty clear when they start cutting off the heads of journalists and say they're going to fly the black flag of ISIS over the White House that ISIS is a clear and present danger."
• Pray for President Obama like never before!! He is president during one of the most dangerous times for America and the world and needs our fervent prayers every day. Father God, we pray that President Obama would receive accurate information about the strength, location, and plans of ISIS on American soil. We pray he will have good understanding with real and grave certainty the threat the Islamic state is to this nation and act appropriately in protecting our nation. Give him godly wisdom and bold courage to be an effective commander- in- chief in this time of war.
• Pray for wisdom and strategy for the US Congress, Homeland Security, and the US Military: Father, we pray for our leaders in Congress, Homeland Security and our military to be awake at their posts, armed with accurate and clear intelligence in order to take fast and decisive action against ISIS or any other terrorists before their plots are hatched. Give our leaders godly wisdom, consensus, and coordinated strategies from heaven to defeat our ISIS enemy.
• Pray for the Exposure of ISIS plots: Father we pray there is nothing covered that will not be revealed or hidden that will not be made known (Matthew 10:26). Expose the whereabouts of ISIS and all terrorist sleeper cells and stop their plans before they can act.
• Pray protection over our US Military personnel and their families. Father, we pray a hedge of protection around our military and their families. We appropriate Your promises in Psalm 91 that our military and their families will be safe under Your wings. Deliver them from the evil schemes and traps of their enemies. Station Your angels around their homes and vehicles. Watch over them, their spouses, children, and grand children as they go from place to place in their daily lives.
• Pray for the protection of public places where military personnel and their families may go: Father God, we pray for the protection of our military, their families, and all people in churches, schools, sporting events, transit systems, and other public places that would be a target for terrorists. We declare no evil will come upon men, women, or children in such gatherings and that You uncover and bring to an end every evil plot.
• Pray for the protection of US Military bases. If you live near or your church is near a military base, begin ongoing prayer meetings for the protection of the base and its personnel. Father, put our military bases on high alert. May no one with evil intent get past their guards. Give those "watchmen" at their posts supernatural discernment and alertness. Help them to see and stop anything or anyone who brings a threat of danger. Expose and thwart every evil plan aimed at our military bases or their personnel.
In the words of Paul, "pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance" (Ephesians 6:18)
God bless you!