Be a True Patriot
"A patriot without religion in my estimation is as great a paradox as an honest Man without the fear of God. Is it possible that he whom no moral obligations bind, can have any real Good Will towards Men? Can he be a patriot who, by an openly vicious conduct, is undermining the very bonds of Society?....The Scriptures tell us "righteousness exalteth a Nation." ~ Abigail Adams
Patriotism is more than identity with a particular ideology or national cause. From beginning to end, the Bible is a revelation of God’s intention for nations of the earth:
- Revelation 11:15 “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ”
- Revelation 21:24 “The nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.”
- 1 Timothy 2:1-4 We are charged to pray for our leaders and good government because God desires, “all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
- Acts 17:26 The preappointed times, seasons and national boundaries of every person facilitates God’s plan for salvation.
- Zechariah 14:16 All nations of the earth shall go up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles in Jerusalem
- Jeremiah 29:7 We are to seek the well-being of our city and pray for it that we might prosper.
- Genesis 12:3 God’s plan for Abraham was to bless all the families of the earth.
Prayer Day 18
God of nations, we exalt you as Lord, and King over America. We thank you that You have blessed America so that we would be a blessing to the nations. We stand as watchmen, taking our place on the wall to harmonize with the good plans and future you have in mind for our nation. Lord, we bind back the power of humanism, atheism, and Marxism that would destroy America. Lord, raise up the righteous and pull down the wicked in this election cycle. Stop the thief, robber, and destroyer for the sake of our children and our children’s children. Awaken the patriots in this this time of critical decision. Awaken the sleepers to defend the spiritual and national destiny of America. Lord, give us leaders such that it would be to Your glory to give us the victory through.